Serums 101: An Intro to Supercharging Your Routine
Serums are an essential part of any active skincare regimen. Their unique molecular structure allows them to permeate the outer surface of the skin and penetrate deeper to provide an advanced level of hydration. Because serums are so concentrated, they can be much more targeted than other skincare products, and they often help your other products work more effectively. If you already use a serum regularly, you’re on the right track to effectively moisturizing and nourishing your skin! However, serums can be very specific, and it's important to pick one that will benefit your skin, so we've put together a few tips to help.
How to Pick Your Perfect Facial Serum
A serum with hyaluronic acid is a must for dry skin. Our Hyaluronic Sea Serum has three different molecular weights of Hyaluronic Acid that attract moisture to ensure long-lasting hydration.
Try using a serum with Resveratrol and Sodium Hyaluronate to brighten and protect the moisture barrier of your delicate eye area. Pro tip: Leave our Eye Gel Serum in the fridge for extra cooling and de-puffing.
Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Ingredients like Turmeric and Green Tea are packed with antioxidants to restore plumpness. Our Vitamin Sea Serum also contains a nourishing blend of Seaweeds for lasting hydration.
How to Effectively Use Your Serum
1. After washing your face, gently pat your skin dry and apply a toning mist before applying your serum.
2. Apply one pump of serum to the back of your hand and then use your fingertips to dot the serum onto your forehead, under-eye area, cheeks and chin.
3. Going back to each of these areas, use your fingertips to distribute the serum evenly.
4. Allow a few minutes for the serum to absorb deep into skin before applying any finishing products or makeup.
5. Extend the life of your serums by storing them in a cool, dry place.